Best Home Toothache Remedies
The surest toothache remedy is to visit your dentist. But here are a some of the best toothache remedies you can try from home to buy you some time.
Best Home Toothache Remedies:
- Rinse out your mouth with lukewarm salty water or antibacterial mouthwash like 'Listerine'.
- Floss between the affected teeth to get out trapped food particles.
- Wrap some ice in a towel and apply it over the toothache to deaden the nerves.
- Use a dropper and squirt some Clove Oil along the tooth margin - natural bacteria killer.
- Ask your pharmacist for a pain killer like aspirin, ibuprofen e.t.c.
- Shake your mouth out with pepto bismol. This stomach soother will also coat, soothe and kill bacteria around an aching tooth.
Doctor Secrets! "Most toothaches are caused by bacteria in your mouth gobbling food stuck between your teeth and squirting out inflammatory by products which irritate your gum and tooth nerves. But not all toothaches are from your teeth e.g. a sinus infection in your cheek can feel like a toothache of your upper molars, or an ear infection can feel like an upper jaw toothache. So if the toothache remedies above don't cool down your pain you need to pay a visit to your dentist".