Itchy Plaster Cast Remedy
There's nothing worse than an ITCHY CAST you can't take off!
But here's some things you can try to Remedy the Itch
- Remember never to wet your cast.
- Raise the leg or arm up for an hour to reduce swelling inside the cast.
- Try an oral antihistamine from your Pharmacist.
- Don't use anything to reach down into your cast and scratch with that can abrade your skin - these micro-cuts will make the itching worse. This can also push down the protective layers under the cast putting you at risk of being cut when the cast is removed.
- For fibreglass casts applying a vibratory massage machine to the area works very well - but this is not to be done with plaster casts as it will shatter them.
- Pour some baby powder between the cast and your itchy skin.
- If you really can't stand it, go back to your doctor and let them take off and put on a new cast.