Foot Plantar Fasciitis
Foot Plantar Fasciitis Causes
Foot plantar fasciitis is caused by repetitive strain of the ligaments in the sole of your foot. It's associated with walking on hard floors in shoes with poor arch support. Construction boots and high heels are notorious culprits.
Foot Plantar Fasciitis Symptoms
- Intense pain in your sole when you first wake and take a step.
- Stiffness in your foot sole.
- Stabbing pain in your heels walking.
- Flat feet and fallen arches.
Foot Plantar Fasciitis Treatment
- Plantar Fasciitis foot taping. This treatment works by creating artificial support "ligaments" around your foot from tape giving your real ligaments a rest.
- Plantar Fasciitis stretches and exercises. Calf stretches and rolling your foot on a can on first waking can dramatically reduce fasciitis symptoms.
- Orthotics for plantar fasciitis. These custom molded shoe inserts provide support to your foot arch reducing ligament pain.
- Night splints for plantar fasciitis work by holding the foot ligaments in a stretched position while you sleep so they can't tighten overnight.
- Plantar fasciitis shoes have good arch support and raised heels to reduce ligament stress pain.
- Weight loss. More weight flattens your arches increasing fasciitis.