Dry Red Eyes
Dry Red Eyes Causes
DRY RED EYES are caused by not enough tears. Each time you blink, tears are carried by your lids and wash over your eyeball like windshield wipers. This keeps the surface moist and protects it from dust and wind.
Dry Red Eyes Symptoms
- Burning, irritated or stinging eyes.
- Tired feeling eyes.
- Itchy eyes.
Dry Red Eyes Remedy
- Use preservative free artificial tears several times a day.
- Add a humidifier to your home heating or air-conditioning.
- Wear wrap-around sunglasses when you head outdoors to protect your eyes from dust and wind.
- When working at your computer take blink breaks. When concentrating we tend to stare at our screens. Looking away and blinking every 15 to 30 minutes for a minute or two allows your lids to moisten your eye surface and reduce eye strain and dry eyes.
- Whenever in a vehicle or airplane, point the air vents away from your eyes.
- If your eyes itch try an anti allergy over the counter medication.
- Severe dry eye syndromes may require surgery to block the tear exit ducts forcing tears to accumulate in the eyes.